Saturday, August 26, 2006

Value-Vague-Vogue

V and our Vague Vogue...

V for Vague Vogue is what I have been examining off-late. Either the world is being painted with excessively vague colors (V for Vendetta right???) or the human eye has, unfortunately, got itself adapted to such glaring vogues. It’s not Vendetta I wish to talk about but Vogue in, what I believe the true sense.

I have been a dandy myself; always looking at the mirror trying to figure out what really suits me. “Black or blue? I think Lavender will do”. Well, lavender has always been treated as a ‘lady’s’ color. But vogue, to a large extent, depends on an individual and fractionally, for the lookers. But that fraction is growing. True, with growing fashion trends and countless colors to choose, people are becoming excessively ‘look oriented’ rather than mere decency.

Goodbye to age old traditional wear, the need of the hour is a remixed version of those dresses. I came across an article in a newspaper which says ‘fashion redefined’. For boys the bell-bottom now comes with a faded shade and extra long back pockets. For girls, salwar cut to an annoyingly deep neck and not-to-mention-here saree designs. Vogue is all about fashion, yet again in an individual sense. The point to make is-let decency be preserved along with those changes. I shall opt to be not so critical in this context. Truly vague vogue… Think about ‘deliberately faded’ trousers and ahem girls wear…what’s vogue in that!!!

On the other hand, Value vogue has certainly changed the dressing style of individuals who are against their vague counterparts. One is always in an awe to see zillions of colors to choose from, billions of material textures and millions of related dress accessories. With highly creative and suave fashion designers, fashion has elevated itself to an entirely new level thanks to high profile entities and point perfect advertisements.

Being dandy leads to an obsession. As long as the balance shift towards the ‘value’ side the obsession is never a curse, if it takes the side of ‘vague’, then think of a fashion redesign…

Redefining fashion is refining fashion…

4 comments:

Varun Abhiram said...

Well, a lot of variety => more wierd stuff, more good stuff. Then it all boils down to personal choice... I've seen people wear stuff I'd never even dream of buying in the first place.

Oh btw, I still think your usage of vogue is wrong :D

sum4me said...

Dude,
Relax. what people wear is an expression of themselves. low-cut or boot cut it is a matter of choice.
I agree with varun here, it is variety sometime you like'em sometimes you don't. Although, you need to lighten up. you are only in your teens and you are talking like a 50 year old typical MCP. Don't be so cynical about life.

Rajeev Turlapati said...

ya thats th reason i said il not b so 'critical'... :P..

Anonymous said...

Good work Rajeev..but as Sumant said it's the individuals choice...
I always liked your stuff waiting for some more ..